Saturday, July 26, 2008

Take you on a natural joint

The groves may be a bit niggardly with the oranges, but the grapefruits down here are juicy and sweet, and are more like melons in size when compared to their citrus cousins.
While I'm in the kitchen, I may as well show off another round of Goodwill delights. For under a dollar I picked up this delightful addition to my Thermos collection, another manifestation of my love for all things 20-th century. Sir James Dewar (complete 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica online!!) is credited with the invention of the vacuum flask, and German glass makers began commercial production in 1904. While I'm not on par with these guys, I am happy this 70's Model 7402 made its way into my collection. I also snatched up this Chipette's drinking glass. While the girls did escape the disastrous CGI feature film , they are reportedly slated to appear in the upcoming Alvin and the Chipmunks II. Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die (Tennyson, sort of). Like Puff Daddy ten years ago, Hollywood seems intent on turning every 80s classic into regurgitated, polished nonsense. As long as they don't touch Heathcliff we're cool. By the way, why do most of the cartoons I like end up on furry lists?
When you live in a furnished rental in South Florida, you may have to make some alterations to make your living space more comfortable. For me, all it took was this pug portrait above the bed and a vintage LOL cat (like you don't already have that book-marked). Found this flyer advertising Michele Hart's latest romance novel. Her amazing website explains it all...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

please bring me some citrus

John R said...

Wow. I just went down a Thermos rabbit-hole!

dUNK said...

AHHH, I have a blooger account now! Hey we hit up polyrhythmiques last night- the drumming was awesome- and we bought liquor.

New post time Dooode! What the hell are you up to?

GT3K said...

please tell me more of your amazing time in port st. lucie, florida. I await with open earz.

Michele Hart said...

Dear Dook,
My name’s Michele Hart, and I’m the author whose bookmark you published on your blog.
Looks like you picked up the bookmark at my sister’s coffee shop in Port St. Lucie.

Woo-hoo! How lucky I am that you mentioned me and sent people to my Web site!
Thank you so much. It’s just what an author at the beginning of her career needs. I’m thrilled you loved and endorsed my Web site. When I followed the Goggle Alert for my name and saw your blog, the smile stayed on my face all day, and just leaps right back at the mere draw of memory.

I hope you had a wonderful time touring sunny Florida and I wish you tons of fun (and safety) on your upcoming ramblings.

Your friend,
Michele Hart
http://www.ILoveShapeShifters.com/
~~~ Walk Another World ~~~

dUNK said...

I guess we won't get to see anymore posts here since your back home now?